This has been in the works for a while. I am very pleased to invite members and non-members to attend the Laser Cut Business Card Class. Those are a few staff laser cut business cards (my website is down, just wait a week or so). Did you know that people impress their friends and enemies with laser etched beef jerky business cards, or even an etched leaf? Sign up here (good ole classes page on the website). Specifics below.
- 5 person limit. First come first served.
- Saturday, Sept. 25 from 2-4 p.m., and Wednesday, Sept. 29 from 6-8 p.m.
- $50.00 members/$75.00 non members.
- Class fees include an hour of machine time. This is enough time to cut about 30 cards, however machine time varies widely with media.
- This is a 2 part class. We will meet as a group and learn about laser cut business cards. Then we will individually schedule a later time on the laser cutter to cut the cards.
- Class will go more smoothly if you’re proficient in some kind of CAD program. NextFab Studio supports both Mac and PC platforms, the Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Solidworks, Corel Draw and many other programs. If you have a specific software need let us know before class.
- Bring a sketch and media. Paper and pencil sketches are great, but a digital file is best. We can etch and cut just about anything in the laser. Beef jerky, leaves, acrylic, poster board, but nothing with chlorine in it. No pvc films or moleskine notebooks. Let us know ahead of time what media you plan to use so we can research it.
- We will show examples of laser cut business cards then go over file setup and materials testing. After the initial class meeting we will individually schedule an hour of supervised machine use, and you can come back and laser cut more cards. This machine hour is included in the course fee.
- This course is not a substitute for Trotec I and II and does not include formal training on the laser.